Law Office of Tasoff and Tasoff
Representation For Immigration Law Issues Nationwide
Call Us Today! 818-788-8900
Areas & Topics

Family Immigration Archives

ACLU accuses border authorities of abusing unaccompanied children

Escaping violence and oppression in one’s homeland can be terrifying for an adult, let alone a child. It is a tragic and common occurrence for many children to attempt to gain access into California and elsewhere in the United States without parents or other adults to protect and guide them. The fear and uncertainty these children may experience while seeking safety in an unfamiliar country can seem impossible to imagine. Ideally, unaccompanied minors would be offered adequate shelter and food, as well as compassionate care, when they come into the country, but new reports suggest otherwise.

Latest DHS illegal border crossing policy separates families

President Trump came to office in January 2017 promising, among other things, to “crack down” on illegal immigration and build a fence along America’s entire southern border with Mexico. The fence has yet to materialize, but the crackdown against undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. has made headlines for months.

What is the California Values Act?

As a Californian, the recent spate of undocumented immigrant deportations undoubtedly distresses you greatly. California has long been a champion of undocumented immigrants. and many California cities call themselves “sanctuary cities,” meaning that they try to protect their undocumented residents from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials arresting and deporting them.

Which permanent resident's family members may come to the USA?

While many California immigrants come to the States with the intention of starting a future for a new family, you might also be concerned with your ability to reunite your family on American soil. The good news is that, as a permanent resident, you are eligible to petition for certain members of your family to come to the USA.

Various visas for international marriage

A marriage between a California resident and his or her foreign national fiancée or fiancé might require multiple visa applications if the applicants do not follow directions precisely, or if they choose to pursue an improper avenue. There are also several types of visas available, depending on marital status and other factors. 

Who should submit an affidavit of support?

An affidavit of support is an important document that a resident of California or any other state signs to accept financial responsibility on behalf of a foreign resident, typically a relative, who seeks to reside permanently in the United States. Federal law dictates that a number of individuals are required to submit an affidavit of support.

9th Circuit: Travel ban in effect except for close family members

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit has ruled that much of President Trump's latest travel ban can legally go into effect. That said, it cannot be applied to people who have close family members in the U.S., or to those with bona fide relationships with an American entity.

Is resident status automatic after marrying a U.S. citizen?

If you are about to marry a U.S. citizen or have already married one, you may be wondering whether you automatically become a legal U.S. resident once the marriage is official.

What type of visa does your foreign spouse need?

When you marry a non-U.S. citizen outside of the United States and want to live in your homeland together, your newlywed will need a visa to get in. Immigration law, however, is very complex, and you may be unsure of which type of visa to apply for.

Marriages, relationships and immigration visas

Being separated from family members for long periods of time can be difficult, but being separated from a significant other can feel unbearable. Even though immigration laws regarding visas and green cards can be a complicated and oftentimes concerning issue for some families, the process of bringing a spouse or fiancé into the United States can be more straightforward.


Law Office of Tasoff and Tasoff
16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000
Encino, CA 91436

Phone: 818-788-8900
Fax: 818-788-5900
Encino Law Office Map


Review Us