Law Office of Tasoff and Tasoff
Representation For Immigration Law Issues Nationwide
Call Us Today! 818-788-8900
Areas & Topics

Adjustment of Status Archives

What is adjustment of status?

Whether you have moved to the United States to pursue your dream or you want to move closer to family, there are several methods you can use to gain permanent resident status in the country. According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, you may go through the adjustment of status process if you are already in the United States. Consular processing must be used if you are currently located outside the country. Before you can apply, however, you must determine if you qualify under one of the green card eligibility categories.

Study looks at number of H-1B visas awarded to immigrants

The United States government awards a number of H1-B visas to out of country workers who travel to the U.S. for highly-skilled jobs. These immigrants are allowed to stay in the country while they are working to share their knowledge with United States based companies. Most workers who are given these types of visas are well-educated, holding bachelors, masters and doctorate degrees in their areas of expertise. Many have complex skill-sets, like computer science, engineering or mathematics.

How visitors under a visa can file to extend their stays

Foreign visitors to the state of California and across the United States, whether visiting under a study or work program, have the option of trying to extend their stay in the country. According to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website, foreign visitors who seek to extend their stay can file a document to prolong their stay past the termination date of their original program.

Temporary Protected Status for Nicaraguans canceled as of 2019

The Trump administration has decided to end temporary protected status (TPS) for Nicaraguans, which has been in place since 1999. TPS programs are sometimes put in place when immigrants come to the U.S. seeking refuge from war, catastrophe or natural disaster. The status typically remains in place until conditions in the home country improve to the point of general safety.

Do I qualify for a 601 waiver?

If you unlawfully moved to the United States, the good news is you may not have to continue to live in fear of deportation. There are options that can allow you to remain in the country legally. It is important for you to understand those options to avoid mistakes that could void your immigration rights and result in you being deported and separated from your loved ones in California. 

Interviews no longer to be waived for workers seeking green cards

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services recently announced a change in the adjustment of status process. If you have been working in the United States and are applying to adjust your status to lawful permanent resident status, you will now go through an in-person interview. Unfortunately, this is likely to cause delays in the process.

What is a U visa?

Victims of or witnesses to crime can struggle enormously with feelings of fear, trauma, isolation and shame. Being in this position can take an incredible toll on any person, particularly if the person committing the crimes is in your family. If you are also dealing with the anxiety and fear of being an immigrant in the United States without proper documentation, then every day can feel harder than the day before.


Law Office of Tasoff and Tasoff
16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000
Encino, CA 91436

Phone: 818-788-8900
Fax: 818-788-5900
Encino Law Office Map


Review Us